Taichung City Government
Taichung city government has developed its digital blueprint for the city with the vision of "convenience, efficiency, and co-creation" in mind. With “Enhancing Service Experiences for citizens”, “Strengthening Administrative Efficiency of government”, and “Facilitating Public-Private Partnerships and Mass Participation” as the primary goals, the city government will deploy plans under the guidance of following 10 strategies:
1. Establishing a Smart Citizen Platform, which integrates municipal services
2. Enhancing the applications of digital technologies for 24/7 citizen services
3. Developing O2O Services that provide citizens with seamless experiences
4. Developing data exchange standards and establishing a mechanism for open and shared systems.
5. Integrating resources to strengthen information security
6. Deploying IoT Infrastructure and making good use of Big Data to support municipal decision-making.
7. Leveraging digital marketing to communicate policies precisely to citizens in need.
8. Facilitating Public-Private partnerships for city’s innovative and sustainable development
9. Promoting open data usage while carefully taking privacy protection into account
10. Encouraging citizen participation in city governance through online platform
The strategies presented propel Taichung’s development into the next stage of innovation and livability, making Prosperous Taichung, Delightful Life" come true.
The Magneto Project (Road side parking spaces real-time information service)
Magneto Project provides 7,000 road side parking spaces real-time information service in Taichung, covering 100% parking hotspots.
Taichung City Government works in cooperation with Magneto Project, which organized by FarEasTone Telecommunications Co., Ltd. (FET), installed parking sensor in each high demand parking spaces. The parking sensor will send detection results to the platform by NB-IoT network, people can find the empty parking space via the official LINE ID “Parking Go”.
Magneto project has made parking more convenient. The service accumulated more than 70,000 online users and more than 1,260,000 times of service requests, and successfully assisted 75% users to find parking space in 10 minutes.