INTERNATIONAL CLIMATE DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
International Climate Development Institute is a non-profit organization that focuses on climate change, human rights, intergenerational justice, and developing rights, and actively participates in international activities. Inspired by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ICDI actively implement the SDG13 “Climate Action”. The core belief of the organization is the concern for climate change and the right to human development; that is, when we talk about the adjustment and transformation that human beings need in the face of climate change, developing rights are important as well. With professional knowledge in climate governance, the organization provides assistance of capacity building, energy transformation, and development of adaptation strategies to disadvantaged groups to help them move towards a sustainable life with climate resilience.
Working Towards a Circular Economy－Toronto , Canada
The activities implemented by the City of Toronto is driving circular economy
innovation and growth by producing a variety of outputs such as:
1. Frameworks for how to incorporate circular economy principles into programs, policies, procurement and processes
2. Examples of how to apply a circular lens to assets to achieve innovative results
3. Opportunities for residents to meet, share, and repair
4. Proof-of-concept evidence for new circular ideas
5. Baseline circularity research
6. Industry expertise and input on how to advance Toronto’s circular economy transition
In the long term, these activities will lead to increased investment in circular economy and a shift in thinking from the traditional linear approach to waste
management and disposal to innovative ways to conserve and recover resources.